Sunday, the day of rest and getting everything done we’ve put aside all weekend.
Our bodies are hard at work detoxing themselves of our weekend indulgences, so let’s give them a helping hand with OIL PULLING!
I’m sure you’ve seen it all over Pinterest and Facebook, but here’s the inside scoop!
OIL PULLING 101:
What it is
Oil pulling has been used for thousands of years as an ancient remedy for everything from teeth strengthening to regulating hormones. Swishing coconut oil in the mouth activates enzymes that have a powerful detoxifying affect on our entire system; they literally pull toxins, bacteria, fungus, and other nasty bugs from the mouth and the entire body, helping to cleanse our blood and digestive system.
How to do it
- take a teaspoon of high quality, cold pressed unrefined coconut oil (I get the best and cheapest from Costco)
- swish in your mouth for 15-20 minutes first thing in morning on an empty stomach- I journal, stretch, or do homework so the time flies by and I hardly notice
- Spit it into the trash so you don’t clog your drain- coco oil solidifies @ room temp
- rinse mouth out with warm water and brush teeth with a flouride-free tooth paste
**Do NOT swallow- it’s loaded with toxins!!
Why you want to do it everyday (like me!)
There are 1000s of bacteria in your mouth that cause bad things from bad breath to plaque to getting a cold! Coconut oil is an incredible anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and enamel strengthener! By ridding the body of toxins your body can work on healing itself. You’ll probably notice increased drainage and phlegm right after- this is your body pulling toxins away from you!
- whitens teeth
- heals gums
- kills bad breath
- heal oral infections
- strengthen immune system
- better sleep
- improved skin
- chronic fatigue
- the list goes on…
Since I started I have personally noticed
- fresher breath
- whiter teeth
- better facial complexion
- less plaque on my teeth
- less congestion (makes sense since mucous is your body’s way of ridding itself of toxins!)
Not to mention I just feel great! There’s a lot of things I do as part of my routine that contribute to my bountiful energy and happiness, but this most def helps! Do yourselves a favor and try this ancient remedy out, it couldn’t be easier.
I’d love to hear from YOU!
Do you oil pull? If so what have you noticed??
in Love Health and Happiness,