If you’re in college right now, I’m sure you can relate to the sleep-deprived, energy-less, messy bun, sweatpants, baby powdered hair struggle bus we’re all riding while smack-dab in the middle of finals.
But give your ENERGY and your BRAIN a boost with this ultra brain boosting smoothie!! Not to mention it’ll bring you 1 step closer to Candice’s Victoria Secret Fashion Show’s bod …not all the way but hey it’s a step in the right direction right?
Each ingredient was specifically chosen for their antioxidant, beautifying, energy, fat burning, and brain boosting properties, but I’ll spare you the science so you can get back to your studies… just trust me on this one 😉
It tastes so dang good, takes 5 minutes to whip up, and you can throw it in a cup and sip at the library! So forget the cheerios, which might hold you over for 20 minutes before you’re searching your fridge again, and they sure as heck aren’t going to give you the energy and focus you need. This super smoothie will hold you over for hours and is LOADED with nutrients that will keep you nourished, energized, and focused!
- 1 cup blueberries (I love using frozen!)
- 1/2 banana (I peel mine & throw them in a ziplock in the freezer)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (trust me on this one!!)
- handful of almonds (or 1/2 a small avocado)
- 1c unsweetened almond milk
- shake cinnamon
- ice (if your fruit’s not frozen)
add these if you have them!
- 1 tsp chia seeds/flax seed
- 1 scoop high quality vanilla protein powder (I only use this kind)
- 1 big handful spinach/kale
- unsweetened organic yogurt
throw everything in a blender and feel free to play around with the recipe with what you have on hand
This smoothie is great because it’s low in sugar, high in fiber protein and good fats (the kind that actually burn fat boost energy and focus!) and each ingredient is one of the best superfoods you can eat!
now drink up and happy studying!!
Happiness and Health