For all you trying to rock a bikini for SB’15, or just want to look and feel fantastic, this tip is an absolute MUST!!!
◊SUPERSTAR BREAKFAST RULES FOR A BEACH BOD◊
Thou breakfast shalt be high in protein, fiber & healthy fat, and low in sugar!
- AKA chuck the cereal and bagel
- Fiber, protein, and healthy fats are the three beach bod amigos. They…
- keep you full MUCH MUCH longer so you don’t munch
- keep your cravings in check so you make better choices
- boost your metabolism
- boost your brain so you can focus better
- will be satisfied with less food
- eat when you’re hungry, and until you’re full, AFTER your lemon water from tip #1
- don’t stuff yourself leaving you sluggish, and don’t skimp out leaving you hangry and vulnerable to munch on processed sugary snacks. Just listen to your body!
♦Chia and flax seeds, coconut oil, nuts and nut butters, steel cut oatmeal, low-fat (NOT NON) plain greek yogurt, berries and apples, avocados, and eggs are all superstar breakfast ingredients!
**Laney’s fav superstar breakfasts:
- smoothie– my fav! I love using unsweetened vanil almond milk, chia seeds, frozen berries, and my top pick vanilla plant based Juice Plus Complete protein powder; OR 1/2 frozen banana, big dollop org peanut putter, cinnamon, and my chocolate Complete powder. And of course I always add a ton of spinach… can’t taste it I promise! SO YUMMY!!
- veggie egg scramble– DO NOT make the mistake of throwing out the yolk- it has every nutrient your body needs and is full of healthy fats and protein! LOVEE with avo and hot sauce too!
- steel cut/old fashioned oats with berries and nuts- Avoid the instant!
- low-fat plain greek yogurt with berries and chia seeds
- apple and peanut butter- my fav if I’m in a super hurry and want something to hold me over for class. Sprinkle with cinnamon for an extra blood sugar (craving&hunger) stabilizing punch. Just stick to organic and natural PB- conventional peanuts are doused in chemicals and pesticides, and most PBs are filled with sugar and junk. Just look for 2 ingredients- peanuts and sea salt!
What’s YOUR flav power breakfast? do you notice yourself making any of the mistakes mentioned above? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
Stay tuned tomorrow for tip #3!!
in Happiness and Health,